LA Open Carry (LOCAL) is a non-profit, grassroots, gun rights organization. LOCAL is a statewide organization. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in Open Carry and Gun Rights in general as well as aiding in the LOCAL Mission of educating the public of the legal right to Open Carry and Louisiana Gun Laws and Rights.
LOCAL Mission Statement
“The mission of the LA Open Carry (LOCAL) is to support, defend and promote the fact that open carry of firearms is a legal choice in Louisiana. We are above all a Louisiana Gun Rights Organization seeking to inform and assist the public by providing as accurate information on Louisiana gun rights and law. We seek to accomplish this goal by educating the public about the legality of open carry and gun rights/law in Louisiana through the existence of our website, producing and distributing literature, organizing campaigns and events, and by actively petitioning our representatives and legislators. Additionally, we seek to be a conduit for personal involvement by interested citizens to become active in their communities, as well as in state-level politics.”
The Four Rules
- Always treat a gun like it’s loaded and when handed one, check for yourself to ensure it’s not, then still treat it like it’s loaded!
- Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it!
- Keep your guns out of the reach of others, unless under your personal supervision. Retention holsters are a MUST when wearing a gun in public!
- Idiots, alcohol and firearms. You get one and only one at a time. Otherwise there are ambulance rides.